About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Journal of Sustainable Mechanical Engineering (JoSME) lauched in 2023, eISSN from LIPI Indonesia. JoSME published online via Open Journal System (OJS) only.
This Journal is a reviewed-based engineering or related journal. This journal accepts scientific article in applied science, literature reviews, basic research articles. Themes included in this journal scientific publication in Mechanical Engineering, include:
1. Green, new or renewable energy.
2. High Efficient Energy.
3. Sustainable or Green Material.
4. Air or land Vehicle.
5. Manufacture Technology
6. Product Design.
7. Mechatronics and Internet of Things.
9. Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacturing.
10. Applied Technology.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts submitted to Journal of Sustainable Mechanical Engineering (JoSME) undergo a rigorous screening and review process to ensure that they fit into the journal's scope and are of sufficient academic quality and novelty to appeal to JoSME's readership. JoSME employs a double-blind peer review, in which both author(s) and reviewer identities are concealed from each other.
Initial screening. A newly submitted manuscript will be screened by the Editor-in-Chief for its conformity to JoSME's scope and basic submission requirements.
Peer-review. If the manuscript passes the initial screening stage, it will be assigned to a handling editor, who will then send it to at least two experts in the relevant field to undergo a double-blind peer-review. Manuscripts that fail to pass the initial screening will be rejected without further review.
First decision. A decision on a peer-reviewed manuscript will only be made upon the receipt of at least two review reports. In cases where reports differ significantly, the handling editor will invite an additional reviewer to get a third opinion before making a decision. At this stage, a manuscript can either be rejected, asked for revisions (minor or major), accepted as is, or (if significant changes to the language or content are required) recommended for resubmission for a second review process. If it is accepted, the manuscript will be returned to the submitting author for formatting. The final decision to accept the manuscript will be made by the Editor-in-Chief based on the recommendation of the handling editor and following approval by the board of editors.
Revision stage. A manuscript that requires revisions will be returned to the submitting author, who will have up to three weeks to format and revise the manuscript, following which it will be reviewed by the handling editor. The handling editor will determine whether the changes are adequate and appropriate, as well as whether the author(s) sufficiently responded to the reviewers' comments and suggestions. If the revisions are deemed to be inadequate, this cycle will be repeated (the manuscript will be returned to the submitting author once more for further revision).
Final decision. At this stage, the revised manuscript will either be accepted or rejected. This decision is dependent on whether the handling editor finds the manuscript to have been improved to a level worthy of publication. If the author(s) are unable to make the required changes or have done so to a degree below JoSME's standards, the manuscript will be rejected.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The scientific ethics code is a statement of an ethical code of all parties involved in the process of publishing scientific journals. The parties involved in the process of publishing scientific journals are a manager, editor, reviewer, and author.
Statement of ethics code of scientific publication is based on Regulation of Head of LIPI No. 5 of 2014 about Ethic Code of Scientific Publication, where the Ethical Code of Scientific Publication upholds three ethical values in the publication:
- Neutrality, that is free of conflict of interest in the management of publications
- Justice, which gives the right of authorship to the author
- Honesty, that is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in the publication
Journal Management’s duties and responsibilities
- Specify the name of the journal, science scope, scale, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the Board of editors.
- Define the relationship between publishers, editors, reviewer, and others in a contract.
- Appreciate the confidential things, both for contributing researchers contribute to the research, editors, or reviewer.
- Implementing norms and provisions on intellectual property rights, in particular, copyright
- Conduct a review journal policy and submit it to the author, board of editors, reviewer, and reader.
- Make guide code behaves for editors and reviewer.
- Publish the journal regularly
- Ensure the availability of sources of funding for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Preparing licensing and other legality aspects.
Editor’s duties and responsibility
- Meet the need of the reader and the author,
- Improve the quality of publication continuously
- Implement the process to ensure the quality of the published paper
- Promoting freedom of speech objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Deliver the correction, clarification, withdrawal, and apologies if it is necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and any statement in the paper is the responsibility of the author
- Ask the opinions of authors, readers, reviewer, and editorial board members actively to improve the quality of publications
- Encourage the assessment of the journal if there any finding,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethical Clearance form approved by the Commission of clearance ethic,
- Supports the initiative to educate researchers about publication ethic,
- Examine the effect of the publishing policy against the attitude of the author and reviewer as well as fix partners to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
- Open minded towards a new opinion or view of others that may differ with personal opinions,
- Does not defend his own opinion, author or third party which may result in a non-objective decision,
- Encourage authors in order to make improvements on his paper to be published.
Reviewer's duties and responsibilities
- Obtain the task from editor to review the paper and conveying the results of the review to the editor, as a material to determine the feasibility of a paper to be published.
- The reviewer should not review any paper involving him, whether directly or indirectly
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing input, suggestions, feedback, and recommendations
- Encourage authors to make improvements to the papers
- Reviewing the revised work in accordance with the specified standards.
- The paper is reviewed on time according to the published style of scientific publication (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.)
Author’s duties and responsibility
- Ensure that the list of authors meets the criteria as an author
- Responsible for the work and the content of the article include methods, analysis, calculation, and details collectively.
- Declare the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitation of the research
- Respond to comments made by the partners professionally and on time.
- Inform the editor if the paper will be retracted
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and not being in the process of submission to other publishers.
This Journal charges the following author fees:
Article Submission:0.00 (IDR)
Fast-Track Review: 0.00 (IDR)
Article Publication: 0.00 (IDR)
JoSME is published twice a year, in May and November